So…It may be cheating to join this Challenge hosted by My Little Pocket Books since I will be spending the year only [mostly] reading off of diversity in Lit shelves. But there is the community support, resources, fun activities, etc.
“The aim of Diversity on the Shelf 2014 Challenge is add diversity to you bookshelf by reading books by authors of color and/or about a main character of color.”
Consider joining, too?
1. Any book (by any author) with a main character that is a person of color qualifies for this reading challenge, as well as any book written by an author of color. The goal is to encourage readers have a more diverse reading experience and to support diversity in the publishing industry by reading and reviewing books by or about person of color.
2. The challenge will run from January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014 (books read prior to 1/1/2014 do not count towards the challenge). You can join anytime before 12/1/2014. Sign up at My Little Pocketbooks
3. Books can be any format (print, ebook, audio).
4. Novellas, Short story collections, Poetry, Graphic novels/manga, Children Books, and all genres are allowed.
5. Books can be of any publication date.
6. You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
Like most book challenges there are levels…I honestly hope to surpass the 25 books of Level 5 because otherwise that means I’ve read less than 25 books over the course of the year. Check out the link for details and sign-up.